Monday, January 8, 2024

My Free Books

A while back I decided I’d rather give my ebooks away than give Bezos a cut. Therefor, they are free to download at the Arachis Press site (arachispress.com). The print versions do remain available for purchase. At this point, relatively late in my life, I’m not at all concerned about making money from the books.

Indeed, I am considering applying a Creative Commons license to the writing, allowing the public to have ownership. I do intend to do this with any and all music and songs I’ve created. There are no direct heirs I need be concerned about, though I am tempted to name a niece or nephew as my literary executor. Let them decide what to do with the stuff!

One thing is certain, none of my music will be registered with a performing rights organization. I have been a BMI member for a long time but never listed but one song with them. I’d remove it if I was willing to take the time to figure out how.

I create, and that is fine of itself but it is better to share what one has created. This I shall do, with no strings attached, with no payment involved. I can hope some will enjoy the work, that it might even prove meaningful. If they do, I also hope they will share it with others, and perhaps spread the word. Reviews are always nice. The books were written to be read.

Stephen Brooke 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment